TAY CES Program Director
Director of Programs
Under the direction of the Director of Programs & Services, and in coordination with other members of the System unit, the TAY CES Program Director will oversee the implementation and expansion of the CES Crisis Bridge Housing, Rapid Re-housing, Permanent Housing, Housing Navigation/Case Management, Housing Location, Housing Matching programs for the TAY homeless population in SPA 1. The TAY CES Program Director will provide guidance and technical assistance, monitor program performance and work closely with the Program Compliance Director to ensure that contract requirements are met and contract outcomes are realized. Director will foster innovation and teamwork with program staff, subcontractors and community partners. Director will work in close collaboration with system partners and agency funders representing Valley Oasis Coordinated Entry System in providing integrated services to TAY homeless persons.
Management and Program Performance:
- Program guidance and coordination
- Create and disseminate program documents, policies and procedures
- Provide oversite for all functions of crisis bridge housing, rapid re-housing and permanent housing. This includes coordinating with funders, working with Valley Oasis Finance Department and Compliance Department to administer contract, implement programs and monitor program performance.
- Facilitate team, subcontractor and partner meetings and case conferences to provide program guidance, encourage collaboration, and share best practices.
- Work with other program directors and leaders to identify programmatic challenges and gaps in services. Strategize on program innovations. Highlight and disseminate best practices.
- Validate data as derived from Clarity and insure reports submitted are accurate.
- Represent Valley Oasis in the community educating stakeholders on the Coordinated Entry System and program features and eligibility.
- Track program performance and outcomes, work with Regional Data Coordinator in identifying and managing trends in performance. Manage program spending, and ensure performance measures are met.
- Provide technical support to staff, subcontractors and partners, including linkages to trainings and literature on best practices.
- Trouble-shoot with staff and system team as to any issues or challenges that might inhibit them from achieving program goals. Provide the supports needed for program success.
- Provide guidance to staff, subcontractors and partners around policies, procedures and regulations for the crisis bridge housing, rapid re-housing, and permanent housing programs. Communicate performance expectations and outcomes.
- Collaborate with CES team, subcontractors and community partners to ensure documentation requirements are met and that practices meet the needs of both the clients’ and the funders’.
- Work with CES system funders, Finance and Compliance departments, to coordinate outcomes, budget reporting, monitoring and file review.
Position Education and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Crisis Bridge Housing, Rapid Re-housing, and Permanent housing program specifications, the Coordinated Entry System, and homeless service systems in SPA 1
- Demonstrated experience in program management, program administration, and capacity building
- Collaborative problem solver, work executed creatively and efficiently
- Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with presenting and group facilitation
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, systems, and local programs that impact homeless persons and related public funding sources, regulations, requirements, and procedures
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Additional Agency Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree desirable
- Minimum three years’ relevant work experience in the provision or oversite of crisis bridge housing, rapid re-housing and permanent housing programs is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the social services field and/or successful management and implementation of homeless programs in the non-profit, government or private sector
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s insurance
- Background check
- Proof of TB testing and resolution
- Participate in Agency Program Training
- Negative Drug and Alcohol testing (including Marijuana)
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5pm (weekends, evenings and/or holidays may be needed)
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability.
Send Us Your Resume for This Job