Director of Program
Valley Oasis Coordinated Entry System provides comprehensive services designed to address the root cause of poverty and homelessness within SPA 1 of Los Angeles County. Clients may be mentally ill, have intellectual developmental disabilities, substance abuse issues, and chronic medical/physical disabilities, exiting institutions and are homeless.
The Street Outreach staff will work under the direction of the Regional Outreach Coordinator to identify and reach homeless individuals where they are, build rapport and connect them to services at Valley Oasis. This position will be primarily out in the field and could be assigned to different locations within the SPA. The focus will be to reach adults experiencing chronic homelessness and higher acuities based on their initial screenings and need.
- Coordinate street outreach efforts with non-traditional partners such as Parks and Recreation, libraries, Fish and Game Dept., faith based ministry, community clinics, etc.
- Conducts standardized screening and triage adults experiencing homelessness.
- Works in coordination with the Intake Specialist for the Adult System, SPA Outreach partner teams, Housing Navigation teams; crisis and bridge housing providers, and rapid re-housing providers to ensure seamless and integrated care for homeless adults in SPA 1.
- Diverts adults to other sources of assistance when possible.
- Screens and immediately addresses safety concerns; adults with identified safety concerns such as domestic violence will be immediately connected to a domestic violence shelter provider.
- Connects adults to immediate supportive services as needed such as mental health, health, substance abuse, employment, etc.
- Coordinate transportation assistance for the purposes of providing supportive services
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Knowledge of transitional and permanent housing resources throughout Los Angeles County.
- Knowledge of homelessness in SPA 1 and experience in street outreach
- Knowledge of HUD guidelines and experience working with subsidized housing programs such as Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, Rapid Re-Housing and others.
- Current knowledge of best practice models, including Housing First, Mental Health Recovery, Harm Reduction, and Critical Time Intervention.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in use of laptop computer and Microsoft Windows and Office software programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient with office communication equipment and machines (telephone, copier, calculator, fax machine, personal computer, laptop, computer printer and scanner).
Additional Agency Requirements:
- Three years of experience in homeless outreach or social services outreach
- Bilingual: Desirable, but not required.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s insurance
- Clear Background check
- Proof of TB testing and resolution
- Participate in Agency Program Training
- Negative Drug and Alcohol testing (including Marijuana)
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm (possible weekends, evenings and/or holidays with notice)
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability.
Send Us Your Resume for This Job