Director of Program
Valley Oasis Coordinated Entry System provides comprehensive services designed to address the root cause of poverty and homelessness within SPA 1 of Los Angeles County. Clients may be mentally ill, have intellectual developmental disabilities, substance abuse issues, and chronic medical/physical disabilities, exiting institutions and are homeless.
Housing Navigators act as case managers who provide assessment, intake, coordinate, monitor Housing Plans and mutually designed goals while advocating for each homeless client.
The Housing Navigator provides assistance in building client self-sufficiency around Family, Adult/Singles and Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Systems in housing, budgeting, employment, educational training, health and other social services. The emphasis is on long-term economic and housing stability in keeping with the Housing 1st goals.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment insuring specific program eligibility; perform intake and enrollment as appropriate
- Develop Housing/Service Plan with each client that includes connections to applicable community resources
- Conduct and document client meetings to monitor progress; maintain client files and data integrity in HMIS
- Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as requested by lead agency management and/or supervisor
- Attend funder meetings/trainings and community events as required by supervisor to maintain network of resources and services
- Make documented referrals to other services as needed and work with other community providers and subcontractors to provide collaborative services to clients
- Maintain strict client and agency confidentiality
- Participate in client review meetings and provide input to other SPA 1 Housing Navigator cases
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
- Be open and flexible to assisting other departments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service or related field. (Equivalent of 5 years’ experience in comparable field)
- Good knowledge and understanding of assigned program
- Thorough knowledge of Housing 1st model
- Experience with homeless, vulnerable and/or diverse population
- Respond to all persons in a calm, supportive and professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, computer literacy and willingness to learn other applications
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and the ability to make decisions independently and in collaboration with staff across the system and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage detailed reports, pay close attention to detail and work under deadlines; appropriately prioritizing while maintaining integrity and flexibility
Additional Agency Requirements:
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s insurance
- Background check
- Proof of TB testing and resolution
- Participate in Agency Program Training
- Negative Drug and Alcohol testing (including Marijuana)
- CPR/First Aid Certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability.
Send Us Your Resume for This Job