Sexual Assault Response Services (S.A.R.S) Community Educator’s primary role is to coordinate logistics, design, planning, resource development, fund raising, implementation and quality assessment of all facets of SARS’ Community Education and Outreach Program. Serves as on-site crisis intervention specialist in medical, legal, and judicial proceedings. Sets example of initiative and leadership as appropriate thereby positively contributing to the operation and growth of the department.
Job tasks, but not limited to:
- Acts as a-wide education consultant/resource agent on issues related to sexual assault, Human Trafficking, Child Abuse and Teen Dating Violence.
- Assist college SARS coordinator in program duties, events and presentations.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates design, planning, preparation and implementation of SARS community education and outreach.
- Maintains database by collecting, recording and analyzing education data
- Acts as liaison with community organizations seeking out opportunities for collaboration in meeting the community’s education needs.
- Maintains a membership on committees/community organizations as appropriate.
- Compiles, prepares and presents educational curriculum for school-based programs focusing on elementary, middle and high school, high-risk populations and general community outreach/self-defense.
- Represents Valley Oasis/SARS in community speaking engagements, professional training and networking opportunities.
- Acts as on-site crisis intervention specialist in medical, legal and judicial proceedings.
- Serves as victim advocate for sexual assault survivors and their families providing confidential 1:1 crisis counseling, accompaniment, advocacy services, follow-up and referrals as needed based on client needs.
- Serves minimum of one shift Emergency Response Call (ERC) per week (or as needed to fill the calendar).
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- One year public speaking and/or teaching experience required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of dynamics of sexual assault as related to rape, child molestation and incest and its prevention.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License;
- Auto Insurance;
- Clean driving record;
- Employee will be required to complete a TB test, fingerprinting, drug screen (employment pending on drug screen), 40 hour Domestic Violence training and CPR/First Aid certification.
Hours: Monday – Friday/ 8am – 5pm
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability.
Send Us Your Resume for This Job